About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, June 16, 2024

6/12-6/15 Fort Desoto

Fort Desoto is a really nice campground. There are a lot of sites and stays mostly full. It feels private as all the sites have trees/vegetation between them. Its all sand roads and sites.  We have enjoyed it here. Wednesday we drove around St. Petersburg and had lunch at Shrimpys. It was a nice little bar/grill. I had another grouper sandwich and Susan had shrimp .  We enjoyed that place. After that we went to Walmart and restocked up on groceries. This had been an unusual trip in that I haven"t cooked much. We have been eating out everyday. The seafood has been awesome so far.  Thursday we went and visited Joel/Teresa for awhile. They took us out to lunch at a place called Hooking A'int Easy. It was a small off the beaten path and so good.  Susan and I had our usual, grouper and shrimp. Another excellent meal. Friday I stayed in camp and did chores while Susan and Teresa shopped all day.  We broke our seafood fest that evening and I went and picked up some pizza. Saturday morning was very still and muggy. It was the first time the "no see um's" really were bad . The park was once again filled up .  We went and drove the beach road in St. Pete. Lots of people out and about.  We picked a place to eat called Crabby Bills. It was a nice place with great views of the gulf. It was the first time I was disappointed with the food on this trip. It was average at best and I wouldn't go back. We headed home and just chilled the rest of the evening. I did load my truck because we are headed out in the morning, time to move on.

Hooking Ain't Easy

Crabby Bills

Crabby Bills

Crabby Bills







Grouper sandwich at Shrimpys

Shrimpys




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive