About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

6/9-6/11 2024 Fort Desoto

Sunday morning we left about 8;30 am heading for Fort Desoto. We had an pretty easy drive for the first two hours. I had planned on driving back roads and come into Fort Desoto from the south so I would miss coming thru Tampa Bay.  One of the roads I planned to use was shut down due to fires so we had to change our route. The traffic thru Tampa was about 10 mph but we finally made it.   Fort Desoto Campground is a beautiful place. Our site is nice and long. The roads are narrow but mangable. After getting set up, Susans good friend Teresa came and picked us up and carried us back to her condo. She is about 3 miles from us on Tierra Verde.  Her and Joel have a beautiful place on the water. Teresa had cooked us a great supper and I pigged out.  When we got back home I went straight to bed as I was very tired. Monday morning we got up and chilled untill Teresa picked us up. She gave us a tour of St. Petersburg and then we had a late lunch. That evening I picked up our chairs and outside things as we had a little tropical moisture heading our way. We were right on the edge of getting a little rain or a lot of rain.  During the night we got some heavy rain but by morning it was just off and on drizzle and that continued thru out the day. We just got a couple of inches but starting about 10 miles south of us they were getting 8-10 inches,  During the morning I went to check out the old historic fort and museum in between the rains.  That evening we went back to Joel/Teresa's for supper and just visited. We had a really nice time. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive