About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jan 15--Home Remodeling


Its about 250 yards to my trailer from back porch. This is with my new camera zoom at 1x

We have been really busy since we got home on the 6. The weather has been nasty , lots of rain or drizzle and cold wind except for a couple of days. We have been packing up rooms and moving furniture and throwing things away getting ready for a remodeling job. Susan is having two bedrooms combined and making that her new quilting room. Her old sewing room will become our spare bedroom. The living room, hallway, and entryway will be re textured and repainted. The kitchen will be gutted and redone. The wall between the kitchen and living room will mostly come down and be a bar separating the two rooms. The hot water heater in the utility room is being moved to garage and cabinets put in that place. All in all about two months of work This has really expanded from our original plans. Our travels this year will definitely be affected. Have already cancelled a Florida trip because we didn't think that the contractor will be finished in  time. We just finished buying all our appliances and living room furniture and they will hold them and deliver when we need them. Susan just needs to pick out colors for paint, tile for kitchen and carpet for her quilting room.      Sad news is I have never found my camera but good news is I have a new one. Its a Sony cybershot with a 30x optical zoom. Since we travel a lot I went to a point and shoot camera just for the ease of carrying.  I just got it yesterday but so far I like it. It should be great for traveling and hunting also,  if the zoom works well. Well I have rambled on enough for now. My posts will probably be sporadic until we start traveling.

This is at 30x from the same spot. I think I am going to like this camera


Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive