About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, June 9, 2017

June 8, 2012 Sammi has Arrived

It was an unusually cool June morning, low humidity and around 60 degrees. I started cleaning my truck up very early. Kristi called yesterday and said they needed me to use my truck and take them to the airport because they had so much baggage. They are headed to Africa ( except for Sammi ) for their annual mission trip.  I took out my fifth wheel hitch so we could use the whole bed. I use the front end loader on my tractor to set it in and out as I cant lift it anymore. I went  ahead and washed the truck and cleaned the interior.  We left about noon and headed to Kristi's to spend a little time  with them before they left. Mike Z  was weighing bags and Kristi was rearranging to get them all in compliance when we arrived. When they were done we loaded everything in the truck. It indeed filled the bed. We left for the airport around 4:30. Susan and Sammi stayed home because we didn't have enough room to carry everyone. It was an easy trip and we got unloaded and they were on their way. Going back was not as easy, the traffic was terrible trying to get back on Kingwood Drive. As soon as I got back we headed home. We stopped at La Villa Mexican restaurant and ate supper. Sammi ate really well so she got some ice cream for dessert. ( we never spoil her).  When we got home Sammi played games on her ipad and watched a movie till bed time. The dogs were glad to have a new person to play with. Susan is feeling better so it looks like we will be going camping for a week.
The truck is full 

Made it to the airport

Mackenna and Ashley are excited and ready to go

Sissy and Maggie want some attention from Sammi

Sammi is just chilling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive