About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, April 2, 2018

March 29-April1, 2018 Easter Weekend

We went to Kristis/Mike lake house for Easter. Actually Susan was already up there because she had a quilt retreat all week there. I left on Thursday and went up.. I got a late start due to the storms the previous night. Our electricity went out about 4:00 am and didn"t get restored untill till 2:00 pm. I had planned on getting a lot of things done early but that didn't happen. I hooked my little generator up so I could make coffee, run the fridge and watch tv. I didn't want to leave until power came back on for sure because of freezers. Susan called and said the river had really come up overnight and the water was barely over the road on the causeway. All the rain upstream had put the Trinity river in flood stage. It had pretty much crested by the time I got to the lake house that evening. The weather had turned gorgeous .  There was not a lot of yard for the kids to play but they still had a good time. With the high water there was no boating swimming nor jet skiing going on. There were a lots of folks there for the weekend .All the kids had fun dying eggs and playing games.
The water is way over the boat dock



Sunrise

Moon rising







Susan and Susan

Early morning relaxation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive