About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

August 1,2 ,3 2020 A little rain then a Hot Day and Headed Home

It was still overcast Saturday morning. Everything was still wet and damp. It rained off and on during the night. We got a few showers in the morning. The most came after I was cooking breakfast. Susan decided to sew all day today. The weather finally cleared out about 10.  I went to the store and picked up a few things. By 1:00 the heat was turning on and the first bit of humidity we have had moved in. By evening this park was as full as I have ever seen it. We stayed off the water today as the lake was a busy bee. I cooked hot dogs for supper as we just stayed in the trailer, Susan sewed and I watched tv. Tomorrow there should be a a lot of folks gone by 2:00. Sunday morning the weather was very nice about 70 when I got up.  We sat out till about 9 and then I cooked a little breakfast . We decided to take a little drive thru the countryside. When we got back the park was about half full. Around 4 we had another rainstorm blow in with lots of wind. While they need the rain around here we didn"t want it. Late that evening I started picking up things and loading in the truck. We plan on heading home tomorrow. Monday morning it was 69 when I got up. It was really nice as I finished loading the truck and hooking up the trailer. We got on the road about 8:30. We stopped at a roadside park and had brunch about 10:30. It was still pleasant outside as long as you had shade. We got home about 1:36. It was Hot and Humid here. That evening about 4 my phone went off with weather advisory about wind and rain, it was still set for Canyon Lake so they were getting the showers again.  Glad we were back home. Guess its time to catch up on my chores. We will be home all of August before being gone all of September.  
A nice Sunday morning
After the Rain Saturday morning

Sunday evening rain again

Susan is sewing Saturday morning since its raining

I'm cooking breakfast in the rain


Eating brunch on the way home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive