About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Feb 16,2024 Mckinney Falls State Park

 I slept till about 5:30 the Friday morning. I was so tired last night. Cooper and I took a short walk so he could pee and poop. Glad it was warm as the wind was blowing.  About 8:00 I cooked breakfast outside. Then Cooper and I took a pretty good walk. When we got back I showered and we loaded up and headed to a quilt shop Susan wanted to go to. She had a friend that was teaching a class there. right before we got there we had police cars passing us and then turning right in front of us. Thats when we really noticed lots of cops running around and blocking entry to an area on the right. There was also two ambulances arriving. I just kept driving thru figuring there must be a shooting of some kind.  Anyway it was quiet when we got to the quilt shop. We got back to camp about 1:00. We had a light lunch and then Cooper and I took a small hike down to the Falls. It was a a pretty overcast day and a little cool but there was a few folks swimming. Cooper was wore out when we got back so we took a nap. We just chilled the rest of the evening . Tomorrow the first day of the volleyball tournament starts. We are in the evening wave, not my favorite, our first game is at 3.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive