About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, April 29, 2013

April 28------Caddo Lake

We spent a nice quiet relaxing day. I took Maggie for a pretty long walk thru some trails. The weather was cool and nice. Later in the day I took my Sea Eagle inflatable kayak and  cruised around for a couple of hours. Susan didn't go as she worries about gators. I think maybe she will go tomorrow. It was great easing thru the cypress trees. The wind got up a little it when I got to the main bayou but it wasn't too bad. I didn't do any fishing but may try later in the week. When I got back we just sat around camp and chilled. Big Mike and I ran out to Uncertain (a small community near here on the lake) to just look around. I did pick up some mayhaw jelly at the general store there. Will try it out in the morning. For supper we grilled pork fajitas with rice and beans.  It was another good night.
fishing pier  
some one left a cork high in a tree
my Sea Eagle kayak
Maybe a beaver lodge 
almost back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive