About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Toledo Bend---April 19-22

On Friday Susan and I headed up to Toledo Bend. George & Delilah bought a new place on the lake and we haven"t had a chance to go see it.  We kinda of got a late start Friday, I picked up a U-haul trailer for Kevin that morning and then went to the dentist for a cleaning. I didn't get out till 12:30. Whew I thought we would be on the road by then. When I got home Susan was packed and waiting but on the phone with Delilah. It seems that George might have to work things are unsure. We headed up anyway hoping that they would make it. By the time we got there Delilah texted that they were on  there way and would see us about 7. We found the house and got everything set up . We brought hamburger meat to supper but was still frozen so I put it in a sunny spot hopeing it would thaw. We scooted over to see Jeff & Ladonna who had came up on Thursday. We spent the rest of the weekend visiting,fishing and just chilling out. It was a good weekend. George and Delilah have a beautiful place.  It was good to get away for a couple of days. Now we have to get the trailer ready to roll. We leave for Tennessee next Saturday and we can"t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive