About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feb 26, 2014 Travel Day to Canton

 We got up at 4:am this morning. We needed to meet Mike/Lavonna Templeton and Jeff/Ladonna Murphy at Moss Hill at 6:00 am. During the night a wet loud cold front had blown in. I didn't think it was too cold until I walked to the trailer and the wind and rain hit me. I scooted back in and got dressed.  I put my rain gear on and finished putting the last minute things in the truck and trailer. While the truck was warming up I noticed I had no trailer lights at all. Uh Oh, I checked and cleaned my connection but no luck. We decided to head on and meet everyone and then I would run in the middle on the way to Canton. Somewhere about 12 miles down the road all lights came on. I was glad but I now have issues to be solved. We all met and took off. The rain cleared just after Livingston , we stopped in Grovton and ate breakfast at the County Café. With our bellys full we headed on to Canton. We made it about 11:00am. We decided to put our trailers in a U position to try and block the wind. The temp was about 36. It kinda worked and we sat outside. We have a smaller group this year as we expect only three more trailers. We went to eat Mexican food for supper and when we got back everyone hit their trailers for the night. Our firepit doesn't arrive until tomorrow when George gets here. The weather is supposed to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive