About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb 15 2014 A Busy Day

Its been awhile since I posted anything. We have been home now for 3 weeks and not done much. The weather has been very cold and wet and miserable. Yesterday the sun was out and it started warming up.Today has been the nicest day of the year. We need several more days of sun to start drying out where you can get around. Hopefully the worst of Ole Man Winter is behind us.  I got up early this morning and did some troubleshooting on my desktop computer to try and get it to run a little faster. Its pretty old and really doing the best it can for its age. I am not to good a computer tech so I made it worse before we got better. Decided to leave well enough alone.  As soon as the sun came up I washed both the truck and the car to get all the road grime off of it. Later  I got cleaned up then Susan and I headed to lunch to meet most of the family. Jan & Kelly are in from Switzerland so all of us that could,  met at Casa Don  for lunch. Everyone had a good time. We left there and went shopping for a new wireless printer for Susan's new laptop. She needed to upgrade her laptop for her embroidery machine so new laptop, new upgraded software for machine and now  a new printer. I call her Bernina machine the gift that just keeps on giving.  We got home in time to take alittle break before we headed to the TVE Fairgrounds for Mike Templeton's Surprise Birthday  party. He turned the big 50. There were lots of folks there and he had no idea and was surprised at the party. There was chili for supper and a DJ for music. A good time was had by all. I even stayed up past my usual bedtime .  Well, there probably will not be another blog untill we go see Peyton for a couple of days next week.  

Abby, Kelly,Jan, Kaitlin @ Casa Don 


Casa Don
Mike and Lavonna arrriving

Regan,Kerry,Susan,Adam with Lori hiding behind Adam

Big Mike on display for the Big 50

Jen and Baby John

John and Holly Grace

Baby John  is dancing with Keri Elliot

The kids all had a good time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive