About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, May 23, 2016

May 20- 23 2016 Swim Meet and Getting Ready

Time is moving fast. Our departure date is June 1.  I had my annual Dr visit and everything was good except my A1c. It is a little high. I have now started a low carb diet and limit my carbs to 100  grams a day. Its tough but after two weeks I can see favorable results. I had my dental checkup and it was good but when we get back I need to be proactive and get two fillings replaced, Susan gets her annual MD Anderson visit on the 26 and we are done with doctors. We have been cleaning and loading the trailer slowly. We are pretty much ready except some clothes and stocking groceries. I had the oil ,oil filter, fuel filter and air filter changed on my truck. I also put some new back tires on it. We have had a lot of rain so its been hard keeping the yard mowed. I was able to mow my back pasture but still a little wet to mow the front. We went to a swim meet all day Saturday. All 3 girls were swimming. This was Sammis first swim meet. When you have three swimming the day seems to go a little faster. They all did well. There were almost 700 kids swimming. It actually was one the best run meets we have been to. That night we kept the girls as Mike/Kristi went out to supper and a concert.
Sammi

Sammi

Mackenna and Ashley checking their events

The heats are on their arms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive