About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, March 6, 2017

March 5 Ratcliff Lake

It was drizzling when we left Canton.  It had stopped when we arrived at Ratcliff Lake. We drove in to look around and decided we did like it. We had never been here before and just decided to take a chance.  We talked to a Camp Host and then found us a walk up site. The sites are large but no rv sites on the lake. They do have tent sites by the shoreline.  We set up  the trailer and then a light mist started. The loop we are on has shared water. You will need 150 ft foot of water hose to be connected.  You also need to use a Y connection.  It took me a little while to get my satellite going where we get all stations due to the tall pines, I moved it 3 times before getting  all three satellites, which made Susan happy. Susan took a nap and I drove around the park just to look at it. It is really pretty here and not many folks. I brought my Sea Eagle kayak so if we get good weather I will check out the lake. I'm glad I have my propane fire pit as I didn't see any firewood for sale in the park. It stayed a little misty most of the evening but I did manage to take Maggie on a couple of walks. We just watched a couple of movies for the evening. Tomorrow we will do a little exploring around this area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive