About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March 6 2017 A Nice Day at Ratcliff Lake

There was no rain when I got up this morning. Looking at radar it seems the rain may stay south of us today. When it got daylight Maggie and I took a nice walk. Not many people camping and no one was out yet. There are a lot of squirrels here so Maggie chased a few. I have been surprised that there has been no mosquito's  out yet. When we got back Susan was up but moving a little slow, her back is hurting some. I cooked us a little breakfast and then we decided to do a little exploring.  We drove around the park checking out different campsites, swim beach and the hiking trails.  All of the sites along the lake shore are either tent sites or small trailers with no water or electric. They have a nice swim beach and two fishing piers. They have a small boat ramp but only trolling motors are allowed. We drove to Ratcliff which is a very small community. Not much there. We then drove back to Kennard (pop 317) . It has an Exxon/Auto Parts/hardware/feed store, which fountain drinks are free if you have your own cup. There is a brand new Family Dollar Store also, which we were able to get some items we needed.   When we got back Susan took a nap. I decided to get the Sea Eagle Kayak out . I got it all set up but the wind was blowing so I also took a nap. After we got up I couldn't stand it so I took the kayak out. Well the wind was still blowing, I did about 20 minutes and went back in, just too much wind. We cooked hamburgers for supper and then sat by the fire for awhile.
The dogwoods are bloomimg

Quiet morning around the lake

Breakfast time

A pretty barn near Kennard

Ready to roll

Its a nice small lake

Evening fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive