About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, April 24, 2017

April 23 2017 Time to go camping

We are headed back to Ratcliff Lake for a week. We  are going to go get Peyton on Tuesday and keep him till Friday. This will be his first camping trip. The weather is supposed to be nice all week except maybe Thursday.  I took Susan to Belinda"s  around 11:00 am. They are going to a  Quilt Place between Huntsville and Madisonville. I will go pick up Susan tomorrow and bring her back .It was a beautiful day but a very windy drive. Its a little over a 2 hr drive from our house. I found a spot I wanted and tried to get in. The angle was terrible with lots of trees and a drop off on one side of asphalt road.  I really thought I  could get in with no problem.  Nope, couldn't see any of the trees as I tried to back in. Luckily two campground hosts came by and helped direct me in after lots of wiggling around. They said there are lots of complaints about getting into this site. I told them if I could borrow the John Deere I saw at the maintenance building I could fix the problem in about an hour. Anyway I got the trailer set up and everything unloaded. The front of the trailer and truck were covered with love bugs so I need to clean them off.  We have an extra dog on this trip, we are keeping John& Jens dog Sissy until they move into their new house. She is no problem and likes to camp. The squirrel's here give both here and Maggie fits. We just chilled out all evening. 
Getting ready to roll

We made it but not clean anymore

Pretty much set up

Now we are chilling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive