About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

July 1-9 2017 Its Been Hot, Peyton and Luke Visit

I have to question my sanity, I'm not sure what I was thinking when we decided to stay in Texas this summer. The temperatures have been only in the low 90"s but the heat index has been 105-108. We have had lots of rain and the grass grows fast. I used Lil Johns zero turn mower to mow my yard twice, finally got the hang of it and it is faster than my lawn tractor. I did get my lawn tractor back together and I'm happy about that. It finally dried up enough to get the pasture all mowed. On the 4th we went to John/Jens for the day. They have moved onto their new house and it is very nice. John cooked ribs on the smoker and they were very good. We didn't stay till dark but they had lots of fireworks to shoot.  Kyle/Kristen and the boys came down for a visit. Peyton and Luke played hard, the heat doesn't bother them. Susan is packing as she is going to a quilt retreat for the next eight days. I have a lot of things to do like wash the trailer and get ready for our trip to Lake Waco. We have a waterfront site and hopefully some shade trees, it will be hot but its a dry heat. (Ha Ha).
Ready to Mow

Back pasture mowed
Susan and Holly Grace

Bubba,  normally the dog is in the kennel

Peyton and  Luke playing

Peyton with Kevin"s dogs

Fun on a hot day

Mom, Susan and Kristin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive