About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 21, 2017 Its a Dry Heat

It was a really nice morning. I got up about 5:15. It was about 77 outside with a nice breeze. It felt really nice after yesterday.  Maggie and I sat outside all morning and Susan joined us when she got up. As the sun came up in the sky we had to move  our chairs to stay in the shade. Around 9:00  I cooked us some breakfast.  It  was a quiet pleasant time. As it warmed up we took our floats and went swimming. The lake is really nice. When we got out we actually felt a little chilly. It only took about 20 minutes for us to dry out. We went inside and cleaned up. There are a couple of other COE parks on Lake Waco so we thought we would check them out. While we were riding around the alternator on my truck went out. Susan looked up auto repairs places on her phone and found one with good reviews and we headed there. They checked  and cleaned all my battery cables and wires and then checked alternator output. Yep needed new one. They got one in and we were back on the road. We probably waited 2 hours which wasn't bad in my book for just showing up. Dunn's Auto was just as good as the reviews said. We then proceeded to check out the other parks. A shady spot is more important than a waterfront site because of the heat. We found a couple of nice places.We headed back home around 4:00.  It was 101 again and with the trailer being in full sun the ac was struggling. We both took a little nap. Susans allergies were bothering her so she stayed in while I hit the water. The only way to stay cool is to stay in the lake. It doesn't really cool off much until around 9:00 pm. I know I learned a lesson this year about summer camping in Texas. Never again.
A nice morning

Cooking breakfast

Campground Rooster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive