About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

June 25,2018 On the Road Again,

Our plans changed a week ago. Instead of heading to the Rockies we decided to go to Arkansas. Its been awhile since we have traveled to Arkansas. We are headed to Ozark first. There are four wineries in the area that we love to go to and I have some kinfolk around there. We are gong to meet Jamie & Belinda there tomorrow. I don't like making long drives any more so about 6 hrs is enough for me. We left home about 8:45 am.  Our first stop was at Stripes because I like their tacos. After filling my belly we eased on down the road. We had a nice easy drive and not a lot of traffic.  One thing for sure it was law enforcement day. We probably saw 13-14 police,troopers and county boys.  The little town of Corrigan topped the list with 4 cars in a two mile stretch thru town.  2 had cars pulled over and the others were looking. We decided to spend the first night at Lake Wright Patnam near Texarkana. The first COE we stopped at was Piney Point, its an old park and small.We found a spot to fit in but when we went back to the office the lady said the water was shut off due to repairs. She had called Rocky Point and secured a spot for us there. We headed over there and its a much bigger and prettier park. We got a nice pull thru and I didn't even unhook the truck. The only thing with lots of shade is I couldn't get a satellite signal so no tv. Susan watched a movie and I read.  Tmorrow we will make it to Ozark. Should only take about 5 hours



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive