About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

June 26,2018 Made it to Ozark

I got up pretty early and took Maggie for a walk. In her old age she cannot see or hear as good as she used to.  There were several squirrels that went unmolested. Since I didn't unhook the trailer last night it was easy for me to get ready to pull out. As we were in no hurry we didn't get on the road till about 9. It was another easy drive even though most of it was narrow 2 lanes. We made one stop for breakfast and another for fuel. We arrived in Ozark about 2. We got set up and happily for Susan I got satellite tv quickly..Our spot doesn't have any evening shade so I put the awning out to help trailer cool off. Susan took a nap and I went and visited with Jamie. They arrived here yesterday and have a nice shady spot . When Susan got up I went back home and then took e a little nap, That evening we went back down to Jamie/Belinda for supper. Jamie grilled some sausage and we just had wraps. I could tell on my phone radar that we might get some rain. I went and put my awning up and came back. about an hr later as Jamie and I were sitting out we could see that the storm would miss us, Well the rain missed us but all of a sudden we started getting 30-40 mph winds, we barely got his awning up before we lost it. No rain but it dropped the temperature about 20 degrees and it sure felt good. We headed back home around 9. Late night for me.
Our site

Watching the trains go by

Jamie/Belinda"s  spot

They have a covered table

Maggie watching the boat traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive