About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 17-20 Guadalupe River



Maggie and I got up about 6:30 and sat by the river. It was a nice quiet morning. Most everyone else slept in later.  Most of the young folks took a shuttle and made a 3-4 hr float back to camp. The rest of us just put our canopy in the river here at camp and just chilled out. Mike Z, Mackenna, and Ashley went up the river from camp and used a rope swing. When the rest of the group got back they also headed for the rope swing. I thought about it but decided this old person did not want to take a chance on hurting my back. We made tacos for supper. I cooked about 15lbs of hamburger meat.  We had lots of good dips. We made a head count of 25 people.  Rick set up his TV and we watched the Texan game. It’s a tough camping life. On Sunday MikeZ/Kristi went home. The girls stayed with us. Sunday and Monday were repeat days. The kids played and floated the river. We really had good weather and I hated to leave Tuesday morning. We left and went to Bryan. Julianne (Mike Z cousin) is picking the girls up and taking them home.  We had no cell service so I couldn't update my blog daily as I didn't leave the campground. I am putting a few pictures on but may not comment on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive