About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nov 3-13 Great Opening Weekend for Mack Ceek

I just cant seem to post daily blogs when I am at the deer lease. I am going to post every couple of weeks. We had a record opening weekend. I think we killed 18 deer. By Tuesday it had slowed down and was getting back to normal.  We caught the rut for the first time in many years. It really makes a difference in east Texas when this happens. For example the last 3 years we have killed 13-15 deer for the whole season. As of Nov 13 we are at 25. The weather has been perfect so far with mostly cool weather and a little cold weather. Mackenna has seen deer but nothing legal to shoot. Its hard for a 10 year old to kill a deer in east Texas. Also my stands aren't built for two people to hunt in. That will change for next year. Our camp is a social club and we have had fun this year. Eddie and David Bird entertain us with good country music. We have lots of food to eat and gain lots of weight. We have had lots of fun cruising around on Ranger. I hesitated to buy Ranger but I am glad I did. Before next year it will get a roof and windshield . I am also going to put a winch on it. We are home till Friday and then we are going back.
Nice 8 pt

6 pt

Mackenna

Boar Hog

Freaky horns


The twins first deer lease weekend



Ashley & Mackenna

Picking and grinning

Peyton is ready


Making bows

Don't go hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive