About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 24-27 Mackenna"s First Deer Hunting weekend

I got to the lease on Thursday. The weather was nice. I checked feeders and rode around. It was a good day. On Friday Susan picked Mackenna up and they came to the lease. We had beans and rice along with rabbit gumbo. Kenna loved the gumbo. Saturday morning we hunted and didn't see anything. Susan and Kenna went shopping after we got back. That evening we saw a six point buck. He stayed out but the feeder for over an hour. Kenna really wanted to shoot it but it wasn't a 13 inch spread. She had a hard time understanding the rules cause she doesn't like them. Can"t say I do either because this buck will never make 13 inches. This is the 5 th year of the new rules and we are supposed to see the benefit now. So far with game cameras we have Illegal bucks  7=========== Legal 13 inch  1 (best we can tell as for some reason it didn't pose}. Okay I will stop complaining.---It started raining early Sunday morning. We went out after the rain but didn't see anything.  I carried Kenna home Sunday evening. She had a good time
Got the guns all sighted in

Kenna is enjoying the fire

We are chilling

Getting ready to eat

My chauffeur

6 point Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive