About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jan 19 -24 Babysittting and Ice Day

 We stayed at Kristi's all week, I went over Sunday night and Susan stayed home and went to the hospital the next morning. It could have been funny cause I just happened to as Kristi how long it would take to get to the hospital from her house and that's when I found out that she wasn't going to Texas Women's but to St Luke's in the Woodlands. I called Susan and caught her just as she was going to bed and let her know. The surgery went fine and Kristi came home that night. We spent the rest of the week shuffling kids around to school and activities. Kristi was doing better each day so her recovery is going well. We had some weather coming in on Friday with possible snow/ice/sleet. Mackenna did the blessing at supper Thursday night and also put in a little wish about no school for Friday.  I got up early Friday morning and Kenna's wish had come true , all the school district's in Houston and surrounding areas closed. I took Maggie for a quick walk as we were getting ice pellets instead of rain drops. All the bridges and overpasses were closed. Lots of wrecks everywhere. It was noon before you could get on the roads comfortably. Mike Z mother Carol came over to stay until Sunday and Susan and I headed home for a break. We have no trips planned until the end of Feb when we go to Canton for a few days. 
Snow at Toledo Bend  George and Delilahs house


Kenna giving me a pool lesson


Sammi  Ashley

Sammi is entertaing at the Doctors office


Just one of the reasons I hate Houston
Getting a little exercise

Peytons first snow in  Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive