About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, May 19, 2017

May 18, 2017 We had visitors

 I slept really well last night .   I still got up about 5. The dogs and I sat outside as it was really nice. We went inside for a little while when Susan got up. While sitting in trailer Susan looked out the window and said that looks like an alligator in the water.  I went out and walked to the bulk head and sure enough it was about a 7 footer.  One of my neighbors were out and he told me there was another one around that was bigger. Sure enough while we were talking a 10 footer came cruising by us. I had brought my kayak but forgot lifejackets. Doesn't matter now as Susan will never get in the water here.  As we were sitting out our other neighbors came over and visited.  Its funny that they have stayed in many of the same places we have in New Mexico and Colorado. While we were visitng I got a call from Susans cousin Jennifer. She said that her and Bubba thought they might take a day trip and come visit us.  I gave her instructions and they came on over. We spent the day just visiting , the weather was nice with the wind blowing and we really enjoyed sitting out .The ole big alligator came back thru and listened to us for awhile.  After Jennifer and Bubba left we just sat awhile and then went in for the night .
The small one

The big one

Our government at work. This equipment has been sitiing all week. Also two big dead pines need to be cut.  I guess they are waiting for rainy weather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive