About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Jan 20-28 The last week with the Girls

We were home Saturday and  also most of Sunday.. I really didn't get much done around the house as we have had so much rain it is very sloppy. Sunday evening I headed back to Kristi"s and Susan came Monday morning. The workers showed up Monday morning and started building cabinets downstairs. They start about 8 and work till about 6:30-7:00pm.  It is very noisy with the table saws, air compressors, nail guns  going all day. There is not much to do as you cant hear the TV. We lost the temporary sink downstairs so we only have the bathtub and bathroom sinks upstairs to wash any dishes. We used mostly all paper goods and cutlery. Some of Kristi's friends brought us dinner most nights so that does make things much easier. I did cook hamburgers one night on the outside grill.  Susan's allergies were terrible as she couldn't take any medicine because of allergy testing on Thursday. She had to go back home Monday and just stay. The allergy testing showed she was allergic to 31out of 38 testing subjects. She is going to start allergy drops and we hope they work.  Kenna had a basketball game on Thursday night and they won  I came home Friday evening after Mike Z came home. Saturday morning we we to Ashley"s volleyball tournament in Spring. They won all their games. We came on home after the games and just rested .Kristi"s plane landed about 4:00 pm so she made it home safely. Kenna has volleyball games Sunday on the southwest side of Houston but we are not going. Time for the old folks to rest for a day. While I was gone my new grinder came in. I decided last year that I was going to start processing my own deer. I bought a LEM Mighty Mite #8 Grinder. My plan is to take out what I think I need for a week or two and make it fresh. Sunday I made a little practice run. I just ground up 2.2 lbs of meat and made a nice pot of hamburger soup. It went smooth and the cleanup was very easy. Normally I will probably do 5-10 lbs at a time depending on what I'm making.
Max is not stressing

Lexie stayed by my side all the time

Kenna basketball game

Kenna basketball game

Sammi checking out the progress in the kitchen. It will probably be May till the downstairs is complete, 
A digital  scale to weigh meat
This grinder is just the right size for me

Ashley"s volleyball game
Ashley keeping score

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive