About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Jan 8- 20 It Got COLD In TEXAS

We didn't do much until Thursday when we went to Mackennas basketball game. They won easily and Kenna was high point scorer. On Saturday we went to the NRG Arena for Mackenna volleyball tournament. They played competitively but lost all 3 games. One of the Dads works for the Houston Texans managing the luxury suites and boxes. He arranged for all of us to eat in the Texans cafeteria and then we toured their training facilities. After the games we all went to a Saltgrass Steakhouse for Adams birthday. On Sunday we stayed home as my back was killing me. Monday morning Susan headed to Kristi"s and I went to the deer lease to bring our trailer home before the bad weather. After I got back I headed to Kristi's also as we are staying two weeks while Kristi is in Africa. The weather continued to get worse as the day wore on. Everything was shut down Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday, no school and Mike Z couldn't:t get to work. We had lots of sleet/ice and some snow. The temps got down in the teens and the wind was blowing hard. Sammi and her next door friend played in the elements all day Tuesday and had a blast  The big girls went to friends houses. Susan and I  basically just watched the dogs.. Wednesday things started returning to normal. Thursday Susan went home as she has a quilting workshop Friday and Saturday. Sammi and I went to Kenna"s basketball game Thursday night and it was a really exciting games which we won 31-29. On Friday evening I headed home for the weekend after I got the girls from school. I will head back Sunday evening and Susan will come Monday after a chiropractor appointment.
Volleyball at NRG

Tip Off

Shooting Free Throws
Volleyball team in Texans Weight Room

The cold weather is rough on the dogs

Taking a snow break

It started snowing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive