About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Jan 19-21 South Texas Hunting

Saturday morning Adam and I went to a friends lease down in Freer Texas. A cold front had arrived and the wind was blowing 20-30mph. We were on about a 4500 acre lease.  Eveyone thought that with the wind we might not see many deer.   We got there around 10:30. There was six of us total and we rode around on Rangers putting out some feed and looking around. Its rough and thick country. Even with the wind I saw plenty of deer that evening. I was shooting cull bucks. I killed a nice old 8 pt. with about a 19 inch spread.  That night we sat by a good fire and ate like kings. We had a full moon and it was so pretty. I thought that Sunday morning we might not see much because of that full moon but I was wrong. I saw about 9 does and one nice 8 point with about a 22 inch spread. He was probably about 5-6 years old. Not considered a trophy but I let him walk ,  that width is a good gene to pass on in my book. We pack up and headed home about 10. We all went to Robstown to a little pizza place for a late lunch.  When we got home we took a little nap. we watched football games all evening. I had taken a camera to get some good pictures but evidently the sd card was bad as the images were screwed up so all I have are a few camera phone pics.
nice stands



she is checking the stand out

does


A nice 8 Pt 

A full moon going down Sunday morning


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive