About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, January 4, 2019

Dec31-Jan 3 The Last Week of Deer Season and RAIN

It was a rainy day for New Years Eve. We had thought about going to the movies but Susan couldn't find one she liked. Instead we went to Silsbee to a Bernina shop. Susan had a machine that needed updates. This is where she bought her last machine.  There is a shop in Humble she used to go to but we like the drive to Silsbee better. On the way home we did our fine dining at Dairy Queen in Sour Lake. . That was our exciting new years eve. I got up and went to the deer lease New Years day. It was a pretty day. The loggers were not working so I rode around looking at the work they had done. It was pretty boggy in places. That evening we had ham, black eyed peas, corn bread and cabbage. A good start yo the new year. It was a light mist when I got up Wednesday morning. The loggers started in about 5:00 am. By daylight it had started to rain. No one went out in the morning. it slacked off a little by evening. It started again about 7:30 pm. Susan called about 8:30 and said I had a water well problem . I told her to shut the breaker off on the pump and I would come home the next morning. When I got up Thursday morning it was pouring.  I sat by the fire until about till about 9, then it finally slacked off and I loaded up and went home. The water line into the house a leak, it was an easy fix. It stayed overcast all day and I just chilled at home. Not sure of my weekend plans as both Mackenna and Ashley have volleyball games.
Susan getting her machine updated

This was before the rains 


looks a little different

Its a wash out 

Ugh

A fire is nice in all this rain

Max chilling by the fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive