About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Jan 4- 11 2019 Time to Wind down at Mack Creek and Move Home

I spent the day Friday at home just piddling around. I picked up  my deer meat up from Chubbys Meat Market. I also got some stuffed pork chops (boudain) for supper and they were sure good.  Saturday morning we were on the road by 6:am to Mackennas volleyball tournament. It was a competitive day with lots of ups and downs. They won 2 and lost 1.  We got home about 3:30 pretty wore out.  Sunday morning I headed to the deer lease and Susan headed to a quilt retreat. It was the last day of deer season. I checked my game cameras and still just had night pictures. We had clear blue skies and it warmed up during the day. The loggers were back but they didn't bother me but I didn't see any deer. Monday morning I did some squirrel hunting, Every year I start with a .22 and then reality knocks me down, I need a shotgun.  it was Squirrels 5 Me 0.  It turned out to be a really nice day, sunny with a high of 72. That evening Callahan and  I rode around and put what corn we had left in feeders. Tuesday morning I rode around and closed up a couple of my deer stands. When I got back I changed out my power converter in my trailer. I have been putting it off but the time has come. Its not complicated but its time consuming. It kills my back because its located in a outside compartment and you have to stay bent over to work. Three and half hours later I was back in business. Later that evening I started getting my trailer ready to roll. Lots of outside stuff to put up .Wednesday morning I loaded up the Ranger and 4-wheeler and headed home. I left camp behind  a loaded log truck. That way I didn't have to worry about meeting a truck coming in. The road was very slushy in places. It needs to dry some before I try to get my RV out. Thursday morning I went to the Dr to a checkup. I had to get my blood pressure medicine adjusted. When I got home I started cleaning the Ranger and 4_wheeler. I headed back to the lease Friday morning. The sun and wind from the last two days had really dried the road out and it was in good shape. I got mu rv hooked up and headed home. Somehow managed to miss any log trucks on the way out. I am now officially moved home.
Mackenna

Mackenna serving

This is a closeup

My view form Baylor College of Medicine  (early appointment)

Sammi

Ashley

Mackenna

Add caption

changing out power converter

road to callahans stand

following log trucks

cleaning atv"s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive