About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 10,11, Leisure Resort, Fentress TX

Ready to rock n roll
Ashly at breakfast/lunch
Sammi & Kenna
On the river
A treat after supper
Catching lightning bugs
We left Monday morning headed to the San Marcos river in Fentress Tx. It was just me and the girls on the trip up. Susan went to MD Anderson for a friends surgery and then headed up. The girls and I made one stop for lunch and then made it to the campground around 1. They sat in the truck and watched movies while I sat the trailer up. Put Sammi down for her nap and I rested and cooled off. Yep, camping in Texas in the summertime is hot, I was drenched in sweat by the time I finished setting up. Susan made it here before Sammi got up and then we headed to the river. This is really a great place for the kids. They can swim,ride bikes and go to the playground. We cooked hot dogs for supper. When it got dusky the girls caught lightning bugs. There was a lot of them. Tuesday we got up and had breakfast outside. We then headed  San Marcos to get some tubes for the river. Also Susan took the girls to a Vera Bradley outlet to get them some fashionable backpacks for school. We headed back to the trailer for lunch and thenSammi took her nap. The big girls rode their bikes and I blew up tubes . It started misting and continued all evening. Bummer for the girls. We decided to go out for supper and hope for better weather tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive