About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Dec 19- 23 Back to Mack Creek and Loggers

It was a drizzling Wednesday morning. I didn't get in any hurry to head to the lease..  I made it to the lease about 11:30.  The Loggers have moved in and were cutting and loading in the front near camp. They have some good equipment and are moving fast. Max was interested in all the work and kept wandering down there to check it out. The deer are still moving at night. I checked one of my cameras and had plenty of deer pictures. 80% were from midnight to 3:am. If it wasn't for cameras I would tell you that three wasn't a deer for miles. Thursday started out with a little drizzle and then cleared up. I hunted my climber but about 10;30 the wind was blowing so hard y big ole tree was swaying. I got down and just walked the woods for awhile. In my old age I don't cover as much ground as I used to. It sure is pretty this time of year in the woods. I did check my other two cameras and to no surprise I had all night pics. It just amazes me how the deer will lay up all day. That evening I rode around to check on all the logging, These guys have some good equipment .There were two more crews working in here near Tennessee 1. When I got back to camp John and I decided the wind was blowing too bad to go out so we had an early happy hour. Thursday morning I decided to just walk the woods and sit. I saw lots of deer sign. About 9:45 I had 3 grown does feed past me. The wind was in my favor and they never saw me as they were about 30 yards from me. I was able to take a picture but with the camera phone its hard to see.  That evening I hunted a box stand again but only saw a pretty full moon rising. I'm heading home tomorrow as Christmas time begins. Hope to be back the day after Christmas.
 Bobcat      (date and times not correct)
Wiley Coyote    (dates and times are wrong)

  Thicket Stand     (date and times are wrong)
Early Happy Hour

Morrison Stand

Morrison Stand
Its pretty along Mack Creek

Morrison Stand
Morrison Stand   see the fox on the right





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive