About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Nov 14- Dec 4 2018 Another Slow Season

Last year was a bad year for us. It was the second worst year in our history.  It looks like this year may be worse. All of my game cameras show nothing but night pictures.  I do have some nice bucks on camera but I am not seeing much in the day time. So far we have killed only 8 deer. We also have lost 4 deer which is very unusual. I have only been able to use Max on 3 deer and we found only one of those. Its been so wet that I can:t get to the  back side with my  Ranger.  No problem with Kevins new 850. I did manage to turn it over climbing one wet nasty hill. I was going slow and was able to get out of the way.  I did kill a longhorn spike that was chasing a doe. I was in my tree climber along the creek. This year there has been a tremendous bumper crop of acorns. That's anoher reason the deer are not moving far. After Thanksgiving week there is ususally not many folks around and this year is no different. I ordered a new power converter for my trailer and it finally arrived , of course it was the wrong one. I called and hopefully they ordered the correct one.   I don't have anything working if its on dc power, no lights, furnace. anything on ac power still working. Also the belt on my Ranger is wearing out .I took it home to clean it up before I change it out. On the 3rd I thought I missed a Longhorn Spike. After taking Max , he got on the trail and I did find a little blood but not much.  We searched for about 2 hours and never found anything. That evening Judy killed a nice 8 pt. I came home on the 4th. Hope my converter comes in by Friday and I will head back.

David killed 3 hog, this one was about 260 lbs

David cleaning John Callahans doe

Judy killed a nice 8 pt

Taking Max on his nightly run

Jen and the kids in the deer stand

They are headed to the stand

Sitting in my climber
its pretty along the creek
a nice result
Max is waiting on John to get some peanuts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive