About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July 11,12,13 Ratcliff Lake

We left Saturday morning for Ratcliff Lake. We will  be there till next Friday. On Tuesday Im going to get Peyton and Luke. We stopped and ate breakfast on the way at Simply Country in Moss Hill, as usual it was really good. We got to Ratcliff Lake about 12:15.  Our site is in full shade and its a good thing cause it was already 95.  We got everything set up and then ran to Crockett to stock up on grocerys. When we got back we both took naps. We stayed in trailer till late in the evening, I cooked a little supper and we had happy hour. It wasn"t too bad with the big fan going outside.  We had to watch dvd movies as too many trees to get satillite tv.  Sunday morning was a nice morning untill it warmed up about 11:00.  I cooked omelots for breakfast and they were good.  That evening I went swimming in the lake but Susan stayed and sewed. For supper I cooked fajitas. My big fan quit on me and without the wind it was just too hot to sit outside. Monday morning was again a nice morning, We actually had a breeze blowing. After breakfast I went to Crockett to find a big fan but there was none to be had. Maybe when I go get the boys tomorrow I can find one in Bryan.  We had a couple of trailers come in today, now we have a total of 7 campers in the park. About 5 I went swimming and once again Susan stayed home to sew and watch movies.  I had the lake to myself, it was really nice with plenty of shade ans a little breeze blowing.  On the way back I saw a baby deer cross the road.  For supper we just had leftovers.

We have shade all day

Susan sewing 
Walking Maggie


well deserved rest

breakfast time

Maggie loves bacon

swimming area

Nice little lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive