About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 28 29 Canyon Lake

So far no more electrical issues to wake us up. I still got up about 5 , drank my coffee and played on the computer. Maggie and I went out when daylight started about 6, it was a another pleasant morning. We took a little morning stroll. Susan came out about 7:30. Somewhere around 9 we decided to eat breakfast and head to Camping World. We both need new outside chairs. Its been awhile since we have been to Camping World in New Braunfels and it has changed. They don"t carry as much kitchen and bath and rv gear as they used to. They have added guns and fishing supplies. We were not impressed with the new look. We did find two chairs on sale that were good buys. I wanted a zero gravity chair and they didnt have anything I liked. We decided to head to Cabellas in Buda to look at their outdoor selection. They didn"t have much either, the salesman said they have been sold out as fast as they get chairs in right now. I did find some shirts for me but Susan did"t find anything for her. Our next stop was a quilt shop but Susan did"t find the fabric she was looking for.  I wanted to eat at Garcia"s but it was takeout only so we just got a burger at Sonic before driving the countryside back home. After getting home we both took a nap. That evening we went to the lake and floated for awhile. The water was great. We got out as we could see some showers heading our way. The wind picked up but we only got a very fine mist. I cooked pork chops for supper and we sat out till about 8. Another nice evening. -Wednesday morning was about the same. I had a nice Buck visit for a short while and I saw about 10 more deer. I cooked us some breakfast and we sat out till about 11. It was very nice with low humidity and a little breeze. Susan did some sewing and I did a little reading and napping. Around 4 we had another little wind storm come in, the rain missed us again but it dropped the temperatures from 97 to 87. I grilled chicken for supper and we sat out till about 8.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive