About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 27, 2020 Just Chilled Today at Canyon Lake

I woke up at 4:44 am when the power went off, It flickered a little and then came back on. I wondered was it just our power or the whole park. It stayed on but since I was awake I just got up. I drank coffee and watched a little news till it started getting daylight. Maggie and I headed outside, not much breeze but it was pleasant. The deer came and visited us for a little bit. Susan got up about 7:30 and came out. We had a really nice morning. About 9:00 I cooked a little breakfast but about halfway thru the power went off again, it was just ours as I could hear our neighbors AC running. All the trailer breakers were good and the main breaker was not tripped either. I was on a 30 amp breaker so I got an adapter out and connected to the 50 amp break and we got power again. I finished breakfast and then went to the gate and reported the 30 amp breaker bad.  Later we ran to Ace Hardware in Sattler to pick up a few items we needed. When we got back we both took naps. After that Susan did a little sewing and I did a little reading, we just had a lazy day. That evening I cooked steak and corn on the cob. We had a nice breeze so it was very nice. I was siting looking at the lake and I told Susan to look at the whitecaps forming. I jumped up and put our awning in just in time as 25-30 mph winds came thru. The wind came out of nowhere and people were chasing items across the park. One trailer did get his awning twisted up. After about 10 minutes it settled down. Thats the very reason I never leave my awning out when we are not here.  It got very pleasant again until we had bees visit us. They bothered us so bad we just went in about 8:00. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive