About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, August 15, 2021

August 5-8 Storms and moved back into Colorado

 We did our laundry in Laramie not fun but it has too be done. I also filled my water bladder on the way home so that also got done. That evening we got some strong storms. 70-80 mph winds were expected. We went down the mountain to a rest area on 1-80 to ride it out. I just don"t like trailers in that kind of wind. It was over in about an hour. The radio station said we got wind gusts up to 75 mph. On Sunday we moved back to Colorado. We are between Lake George and Eleven Mike State Park. We are boondocking at about 8900 ft. We have a very nice spot . We had one UH-OH when we got set up .  Our bathroom facuet was open and when I turned water on it eventually overflowed. It took a few towels to clean up that mess but the floors needed mopping anyway.  It does mean I have to get water tomorrow.  Internet and cell service is another no go where we are camped.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive