About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

August 9-18 High Mountain Times and then headed to Amarillo TX

 Today is the 18th and the first time I have had cell service in a long time. We moved to Amarillo today making our way home. I going to miss the cool to cold weather.  We have had morning lows of 41 to 46 every day. Our highest temperature was 81 one day. We made several drives around the country here. We met Adam one day in Buena Vista. He was headed home to Meeker after going back to Texas to get all his wood working tools.  We lost Maggie one day. When I got up at 5;30 one morning, our routine was Maggie peed and pooped while I gassed generator up and started it. Well during that 5 minutes she wandered off and I could not find her. I circled and circled the camp and could not see her. Of course she cannot really hear much and can"t see far. After several hours I quit searching. I just about decided that a hawk or owl probably got her.  About 10:30 that night I got a phone call (my cell number is on her collar) and a girl said they had Maggie. She got into their camp about 10:00 pm.  Our cell service was terrible but we finally got their location down and I went and got Maggie. She was pretty tuckered out.  She was about a mile from us as the crow flies. Pretty much a miracle that a 17 year and nine month old dog was found.  She hasn"t strayed far from me since.  Another exciting thing was one nasty rainstorm and a little flash flood. We were in a good spot but still got some water flow.  After that it showed more big rains starting Wednesday evening so that made us decide to move out Wednesday morning ahead of the weather. Tomorrow we are headed to Lawton OK to visit my cousin for a couple of days.  For some reason my videos will not load.

Amarillo

Amarillo

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive