About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Sept 17=20 Okay We Are Heading Home

 Sunday morning was another nice morning at about 54 degrees.  Cooper and I had a little fire and watched the sunrise.  Susan had another rough night and stayed in bed or in recliner most of the day. We finally decide that it was just best to cut our trip short and head home.  Around 4 I ran into Heber Springs to fill up truck and pick up a pizza. When I got back the campground was just about empty. Sure was nice and quiet. Susan was able to sit outside a little bit that evening. I loaded all my outside stuff into the back of the truck getting ready to roll in the morning. Monday morning was another really nice morning. I hated to leave such nice weather and go back to Texas. We pulled out about 8. We had an easy drive with mostly good roads. We stopped at Lake Wright Patnum just south of Texarkana for the night. I did"t even unhook the truck, just put the jacks down. Rocky Point is a nice campground which we have stayed at before. Tuesday morning we left about 8:30 and tolled toward home. After getting home I unhooked trailer and unloaded just what Susan needed. Although the weather was much better than when we left I still sweated for the first time in three weeks. We got an appointment for Susan to see a physical therapist for evaluation on Wednesday. We saw him and he thinks she needs to see an orthopedic doctor.  I was able to get an appointment at Texas Orthopedics Monday at 2:00.  We will see what they say.



Last ones left


Rocky Point Campground

Break time at a rest stop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive