About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sept 2, 2023 A Gorgeous Day

I didn"t sleep well last night. Kidney stones kept me tossing and turning. I did get some relief when I passed two stones in the morning and then another later in the day. Luckily they were small and were just uncomfortable. The good news was when I got up the temperature was 58 degrees.  I had to put on long pants and a light windbreaker for my walk with Cooper.  I had to pull out my firepit so we could sit outside and watch the sun rise.  I cooked breakfast and we piddled around all day. It did warm up to a peak of 87, with low humidity. Much better than the heat we had back home. I did test the water for a little swimming. Yep the water was cold and refreshing.  We ate supper at a little restaurant on the way into Eureka Springs. We went to the Ozark Mountain Hoedown. We have gone here off and on for the last 25 years. This year is the last as the owner is retiring.  They have put on good shows with different casts thru the years.  At one time there were 3 music shows in Eureka Springs but this is the end of them.  We will miss them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive