About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 21,2014 A Good Day

I woke up last night about 1:00 am and turned the ac on.  As soon as I did all power  went out. I checked the trailer breakers and they were ok. When I checked the power box I could smell burnt odor. Sure enough my cord had melted with one prong welded in receptable.  Decided to open windows and door and try to sleep. It was plenty cool but we are used to having a fan for noise, but we were able to sleep. Once morning came I cleaned the junction box up and got out my new spare trailer cord. I couldn’t use the 30 amp but with an adapter I plugged into the 15 amp side.  Turned coffee maker on and life was good. Later went to the Ranger station and told them about it and they sent someone to repair it.  We headed into town and went to a Route 66 Museum. They had a nice collection of old cars. It was a neat place. The two couples that were there ahead of us were from Livingston and College Station. We chatted with them for awhile, then drove around and checked out Santa Rosa. It has a nice city park with a swimming lake.  We went back to the trailer and chilled out. We had a pretty good storm move in but it kind of split us so we got just a little rain. It ended up being a nice evening.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive