About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, June 27, 2014

June 26, 2014 A Slow Day

Another cool morning around 44 degrees with a pretty good breeze. Susan woke up still plagued by allergies. I ran into Chama to find some more allergy medicine. I found a few things and headed back. In the meantime someone on Facebook told Susan that lavender oil would help. Aine Malone told her there was a lavender farm in Abiquiu which is about 40 miles south of us. Therefore when I got back we headed that way. It’s a pretty drive with many pretty rock formations.  One was Echo Amphitheater which is really pretty.   We made it to the Lavender Farm and it was actually an interesting place. We left there and stopped at Bodes to eat. I had my new favorite, a green chili cheeseburger. Yesterday I had a smothered green chili cheeseburger and I recommend both. After lunch we drove to Lake Abiquiu and looked around. Finally we just headed home and chilled out the rest of the day.


Lake Abiquiu

Heron Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive