About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 24,2014 A Quiet Day

It was about 49 when I got up this morning...Last night I had put a hoody out to wear but forgot about some kind of long pants. It was kind of chilly while I was building a fire outside. I went back inside till the fire was going good. Susan got up early and we sat out by the fire for quite some time. Finally I got up and cooked some breakfast. We then took Maggie for a walk. After getting back Susan did some cleaning. I drove to the lake to see where the best place for launching our kayak. Then I drove to the Rio Chama Canyon to check out the access.  When I got back I took a little nap. I have a cousin Aine Malone who lives near Santa Fe. She came up and we visited all evening. We really had a good time. Not sure what we will do tomorrow. The temp rose to 92 today but cooled off nicely by 6.
Up early, looking for a warm spot

Trying out our new fire pit
Rio Chama

Heron Lake

lake is really low

Start your climb down to the river

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive