About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16,17 2016 Heading to Blanco State Park

We pulled out at 7:00 am heading back to Texas. We stopped in Clayton NM and ate breakfast. Our next stop was in Amarillo to fuel back up. We ate lunch in Plainview Tx. We finally stopped in  Sweetwater for the night. We made a little over 500 miles for the day.  I really don't like to drive that far in one day anymore  but there is not a lot to see in between.  We just had sandwiches as we didn't  want to go anywhere, watched tv and went to bed.....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      About 2:15 am I woke up with a kidney stone attack.   Its the first one I have had in almost 5 years. it lasted till about 5 and I went back to sleep. Woke up about 5:45 and we both got up. We got on the road about 7.  We fueled up and I got a pump that I thought had kidney stones. It took almost 15 minutes to fill my tank. We ran into a heavy fog for the first 30 miles. We ate breakfast in Mason Tx. We made it to Blanco State Park and got set up by 12:30. I didn't have much pain but had nausea at times. We have been surprised  with the low temperatures in Texas. Lots of rain all around with clouds so we have been in the low 80's.  We stayed at camp and I took a long nap.  For supper I cooked some pork ribs and asparagus on my little smoker. It drizzled and rained most of evening. We decided to  go to DQ and get some ice cream.
.I told Susan if I have to suffer with kidney stones then I need a treat.   We will decide tomorrow if we stay or go on home... ...     
                                                                            Blanco State Park  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive