About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 20, 2016 Home Again

We got an early start this morning. I wasn't in any hurry but when Maggie and I took our morning walk it started misting on us. I looked at the radar and we had some thunderstorm's headed toward us.  I woke Susan up and we finished hooking up and were on the road by 7:30 am. We had an easy drive and stopped to eat some breakfast in Columbus. We made it home a little after noon. The traffic thru Houston was a lot heavier than I expected but really wasn't bad. I just haven't been in much traffic for 3 months. Everything was certainly green when we got home.  The good thing about a trailer is you don't have to unload everything when you get home. You can space it out so it doesn't seem so much.  Over all, we had a good trip this summer but it does feel good to be home. We did 3 states Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico. We tried to stay 7 days at each stop and then move only about 4 hrs to a new location. We did a lot of dispersed camping and USFS camping. We did 5 straight weeks of living off of our generator and having to conserve water. I find it hard to stay in rv parks anymore We put about 7700 miles on our truck this trip which is the least amount we have done in 5 years. We are trying to stay longer in one location and not move quite as much. Now that we are home my blog will be very sporadic.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive