About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, August 1, 2016

July 31, 2016 A Scenic Drive to Mavreeso Campground


 
I didn’t sleep well last night. I got on up at 6 and found that I had caught another mouse. We think this is the last one. We got in the road about 8. We stopped in Montrose and topped off the truck and ate breakfast at The Shanty. They have a really good green chili breakfast buritto. It was another beautiful drive to our campground. We caught a little rain on the last mountain pass. We got to the campground and was setup by 1. Our neighbor is from Corpus Christi and we chatted briefly. We are on the West Dolores river. It’s a really pretty little place. Later in the evening we got another rain shower. We just sat under the awning and watched it rain. After the shower we met another guy from Big Spring Texas. He has been coming to this part of Colorado for years. Finally we went in for the night. I was able to get satilitte tv but we have no service in our cell phones. We will have to go into Dolores to use phone and internet. 
The Shanty--My favorite breakfast place in Montrose



West Dolores River

View from my bay window
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive