About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

August 3,4,5 A Slow Day, Rainy Days & Laundry Day


 





Nothing exciting to report this morning, just our same old routine. We ran into Cortez to go to Walmart. Susan found a couple of quilt shops to go to. I went and talked to a place about putting new u-joints in my truck. I started noticing one was going bad in Steamboat Springs. It didn’t heal itself so I figured I better replace them and not get caught on the road somewhere. I have 320,00 miles on them so I am replacing them all.  We tried to sit outside but the winds and rain started. It lasted most of the evening.  

It was still misting Thursday morning when I got up. Maggie and I couldn’t walk. Susan did some sewing and I went to Cortez for my truck repairs. It took about 3 hrs to get it all done. Ole  Blue sure does drive smoother now and no clanking. It continued to rain and mist when I got home so we didn’t even try to sit outside.

I slept late Friday morning almost till 7. We got up and piddled around . We headed to Cortez to do laundry. We stopped in Dolores and had breakfast at “The Ponderosa”.  They have a great green chili burrito. We then headed on to Cortez and did our laundry. We also stopped by Walmart and picked up a few things . We got back to the trailer between rain showers. Finally  later in the evening the rain stopped. We sat by the fire till until supper time.
Rainy Days by the River

 A Great Breakfast

UGH,  Backseat full of dirty clothes

A happy face doing laundry 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive