About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Dec 9- 17 Things Just Happen

After I got back from Kenna's basketball game on Saturday I decided to cut a little firewood since our furnace was out. I cut for about 30 minutes and my saw just quit running and would not restart. Oh well I figured I had enough wood to last till Monday. Our fireplace has been doing a good job along with an little electric heater in our bedroom and Susan's sewing room. On Sunday I had a flat on my tractor and couldn't" use it to haul wood. Susan got a new sewing table and Jamie came over to help me put it together. It turned out to be so easy, we just couldn't believe it. It takes two people but it was well designed. On Monday I called early and Kelly's had someone out and our furnace fixed by 9:30. It was a solenoid that went bad on blower motor. I then headed to town to get my tractor tire fixed, about 1 mile down the road my alternator went out. I turned around and went home. It was just replaced back  in July when we were on Lake Waco. I called the business in Waco and it was under warranty with Tech-Net. They located a shop near me and I called them to set up a time to bring my truck in..  I then loaded the tire In Susan's SUV and took it to town to get fixed. While I was in town I went by Moms to visit. Kelly was there with Tilly and Hugo.This was the first time I had seen Hugo and he is a good baby.  Tuesday I got my truck repaired and then we went to Kennas basketball game. It was the last one before the holidays. They started rough and were down 9-0 before making a comeback. It was an exciting game and we won 27-26. Kenna has been the high point scorer in all of our games this season. Wednsday I finally headed back to the deer lease. it looks like it will be just me and Max till the weekend. I made the rounds checking stands and putting out some corn. Looked like lots of activity. I checked my game camera and all the deer pictures were still at night. This has been a terrible season for us. It was supposed to start raining Saturday evening and since I was going home on Sunday anyway I left a day early. I didn't see any deer in the daylight hours. Susan was wrapping presents and sewing , trying to finish up for Christmas. She has been making Christmas presents for the last 3 months. I moved machines around so she could get things back like she wants it.  Sammi was sick last weekend which was her birthday. She is in love with panda bears this year so she got a lot of panda stuff. We are meeting them tonight for a late birthday supper.

Just me and Max

Sitting in a tree above Mack Creek

Mackennas game


Sammi and her Panda

Sammi wore her Panda suit to school
Watching TV

Susan is sewing 

This is her new table, it has a motor which lets you raise it up and down and also tilt it.

Room rearranged again

This machine headed back home. It was borrowed so Susan could learn how to run it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive