About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Dec 27-31 Junction

We left the house about 7:15 and took Maggie to stay at Moms. Then we headed to pick up Kerry in the Woodlands and off we went. The weather was nasty at first but then quit raining and it became a much nicer drive. We stopped in Chappel Hill and had a late breakfast. It was cold and got colder, arriving at Junction it was 32 degrees.  We got unloaded and I built a fire and we just chilled the rest of the night.
Thursday morning I got up and built a nice fire.It was still about 30degress and a very slight mist.. Later after Susan and Kerry got up I fixed us some breakfast.  Around 11, I ran into Junction to pick up a few groceries.  After getting back I rode around picking up a little firewood and the shot one of my guns to make sure it was on. I hunted that evening and saw 5 deer. When I got in Regan had made it here.  We had a nice evening.
Friday morning I hunted the Tower Blind. It was overcast and You couldn't see till About 7:10. By 7:28 I had seen 3 Bucks and 4 Does plus Bambi. I killed a real mature Buck. 9 or 10 pts depending on how much one kicker was in length. I had to go back to get Regan to help load it. He had stayed in and watched the deer at the house.  Susan:s back was really bothering her and she had to just rest most of the day.  Regan and I put out feed in the feeders. On our evening hunt we both saw only one deer. We had a good supper and watched some football on tv.   .
Saturday morning hunt I saw 7 does and 1 Buck. He was a nice young buck except he was missing one brow tine. Reagen didn't see any animals at all. We watched a little football and worked on some feeders. Susan had another miserable day with her back. we hunted that evening and I saw only one deer going to the stand. We came in early as we were going to the neighbors for Supper. We had a really good time there.  Sunday we are heading home hoping to bet the bad weather that is coming in.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive