About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

OCT 15-19 Cold Front at Mack Creek

Monday morning I loaded all my gear and headed to the lease. When I went thru Moss Hill it was 78 and sunny, by the time I got to Mack Creek it was 65 and raining.  It sure felt good. It was great to have the ole Ranger back. In between rain I checked all my feeders and picked up my game camera. I had a few nice deer pictures. Pretty much just chilled all day. Tuesday morning I went and got some corn and fertilizer. I fertilized all the rye grass plots and put some corn in some of my feeders. It mostly just drizzled off and on all day. The temperature was great with a high of about 60. It still was drizzling on and off all day on Wednesday. I finished getting some corn in feeders and put a new seat in one of my tree climbers.  Just chilled out most of the day. Thursday was our first dry day. I did a little walking in the woods and trimmed a few trails. Little John showed up and brought Danny Espree (exxon hand) with him.We had a good evening and Danny cooked some steaks. We found out that his daughter and my middle granddaughter will play on the same club volleyball team this year. I went home Friday morning. I managed to get the yard mowed and then we went to Mackenna"s last freshmen volleyball game. They won easily over Humble.  They finished the season schedule undefeated. Their only losses came in tournaments. With all the rain we have had Kristis lakehouse in Riverside was flooded.  Their house was but fine but you could only get there by boat. The house across the street caught fire and burned down. They think an electrical problem cause it.
Found some fresh scrapes

Glad to have the Ranger back

fertilizing some rye grass

just chilling

Mackenna

Neighbors boathouse at lake

House fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive