About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Oct 20- A New Toy -Movimg Stands

Saturday morning I left the house at 7:00 am and headed to Bryan. Kevin bought a new Polaris 850 and I went to pick it up. He is still working in  West Virginia so I will keep it till he shows up. Its really a nice machine, It rides so smooth and has lots of power. It was so shiny  I almost hated to get it in the mud. Kyle came in Saturday night. Sunday we worked all day. We moved 1 stand with the tractor. it took awhile as it was hard to get down some narrow paths where we needed it. We also built another platform and set the new stand on it. Its a  big 4x8 box. Good for grandkids. We did manage to do a little riding before Kyle headed home. Monday morning was a very cool 47 degrees when I got up. I started out walking the woods just checking things out. I also rode down to the river. It has been dropping steady but still backed up where the creek comes in. Tomorrow I'm going to take my tractor back home and hope to mow the yard. It was raining Tuesday when I got up. I put my rain suit on and put some corn in a feeder that was empty. Got back to camp and loaded my box blade and tractor and headed home. I washed some clothes and went and voted early.  I timed it just right, walked in and went straight to vote. I tried the electronic machine for the first time, didn't like it so I will go back to a paper ballot next time. I went back to the lease Wednesday morning. It wasn't raining when I got there but started drizzling around 1:00 pm and continued all evening. This has been the wettest October I can remember in years. Susan went to Kingwood and spent the night.  Ashley turns 13 tomorrow and she is having a birthday brunch before school. It is a late arrival day for them at school. Thursday morning I went and got corn for my feeders and came back. Little John was just getting there. He was headed to meet Danny Espree in Livingston and then head to his deer lease in Crockett to do a few remodeling jobs in his cabin. I went with them . We got everything done and then stopped at the Hilltop CafĂ© in Crockett for a late lunch. It was a really good buffet and we all pigged out. I didn't get much done at my lease but tomorrows a new day. Friday got all the automatic feeders filled and just chilled . It was a gorgeous day. Saturday morning Little John and I borrowed David's trailer and went to Tractor Supply to get a 10x10 kennel for Max. Its going to work well. Easy to set up with plenty of room and I won't have to put him on a line in camp. I went and checked my game camera and moved it to another spot. I was getting a lot of daytime pictures up until about 7 days ago, now most of my pictures are at night. Headed home and will not be back until probably net Thursday.
A young buck working a scrape

Creek is still backed up

Kevin "s new 4-wheeler 

cruising around

moving a stand

Kyle painting the new stand we put up

Maggie is staying warm

river still pretty high

water is down but very boggy here

walking the creek one nice morning

this is the kennel we got

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive